Author Topic: FAQ and Answers - Liquid UI for iOS  (Read 8970 times)

Punil Shah

• Administrator
    • View Profile
FAQ and Answers - Liquid UI for iOS
« on: February 23, 2016, 05:55:57 PM »
1. What is Liquid UI for iOS aka Liquid UI for SAP?
Liquid UI for iOS is a reimagination of SAP GUI, built with touch and mobility in mind. Liquid UI provides the same SAP native screens on your iOS devices that you would find on SAP GUI desktop. With Liquid UI, you can also simplify transaction screens by aggregating multiple screens, tabs, and transactions; converting input fields into single press graphical buttons; table controls; camera integration for barcode scanning; email for SAP workflow integration; native support for sleds, all while leveraging gestures such as flicks, swipes, and zoom.
Learn More

2. Supported Devices
iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro, iPod Touch

3. Supported Operating System
iOS v8.0 and above

4. Typical Transactions
Including, but not limited to CORK, COR3, COIO, CR02, CR03, IE03, KS03, MC+A, MC+Q, ME23N, ME28, ME29N, ME54N, ME55, MIGO, IW33, MI10, MI08, MMBE, MM03, VA01, VA02, VA03, SM02, SM04, SU01
Complete List

5. Typical Usage
•   All crucial SAP GUI features such as F4, F1, and multi-sessions are supported natively
•   The users can customize F4 or F1 actions help by creating custom subsets of values.
•   Leverage device specific feature such camera for barcode scanning, email for Workflow integration, gestures, and touch-centric user interactions vs. keyboard/mouse interactions.

6. Locations
Anywhere you are with your smartphone

7. What are the basics components used for running Liquid UI for iOS?
•   Liquid UI for iOS App
•   Liquid UI for iOS license file (Optional for in-app purchase).

8. How to get a Liquid UI for iOS trial license?
Send us the request at Liquid UI for iOS Free Trial Form
Step-by-Step Guide

9. How do I install Liquid UI for iOS license on the device?
Installing Liquid UI License on iOS

10. How do I connect Liquid UI for iOS to my SAP Server?
Connect to Your SAP Server

11. How do I connect Liquid UI for iOS to my SAP Server without manual keying?
Connect to Your SAP Server using "Scan to add connection" App Option

12. How to purchase Liquid UI for iOS?
We recommend buying the app from the App Store for a single license or send us an email at rfi@guixt.com to buy bulk licenses at discounted price.
Step-by-Step Guide

13. What is different between Backup vs. Restore on settings screen?
The backup button will upload all the connections information including scanner configuration to the iCloud. The restore button will download all the connections information from iCloud provided it the same iCloud account.

14. How can I configure Liquid UI for iOS for Linea Pro?
Goto the settings screen and click the scanner button. It supports full native scanner configuration capability including auto-tabbing and auto enter, based on prefixes, postfixes, and barcode types.

15. Liquid UI for iOS won't connect to Liquid UI Server
Possible causes,
•   The mobile device and the server are not the same networks.
•   The mobile device is not connected to the network
•   Invalid Liquid UI for iOS license
•   The application not properly configured
•   Liquid UI Server is not running due to invalid license or missing license file or service not started

16. What features are supported with Liquid UI Client license?
Liquid UI Client License supports,
•   Direct SAP native connect ensuring fastest performance between SAP and mobile devices
•   Enhanced F4 OCX to provides the flexibility to search and filter, based on values or ranges
•   Any Endian kernels format
•   Localization to supports localized user interfaces
•   64-bit Architecture to address more memory resulting in faster computing power
•   Improved table control for fluid scrolling, including support for static columns
•   Split view for multitasking
•   SAP GUI crucial features such as F4, F1, and multi-sessions
•   Multiple connections to SAP Server
•   Mobile Printing right from the app
•   Attaching files to SAP transactions
•   Auto logon to connect automatically to SAP server, without being required to enter logon credentials each time
•   Tiles and classic themes supports
•   Device gestures such  as flicks, swipes and zoom
•   Message box, menus, calendar, combo box, listview / table
•   Automating SAP transactions to eliminate slow, manually dependent and error prone processes
•   GPS to track and enter the latitude and longitude values of your location in the inputfields
•   Scan Credit Card enables you to scan credit card details and auto-populate them to the inputfields that helps you in completing the transaction process easily.
•   Electronic Signature Support enables you to sign a document and attach it to your required transaction from anywhere using Liquid UI for iOS and helps in completing the review process easily and efficiently.
Learn More

17. What features are supported with Liquid UI Enterprise aka Liquid UI Pro license?
Liquid UI Enterprise supports everything you get with Liquid UI Client, plus:
•   Management Portal, license provisioning using Liquid UI Management Portal.
•   Liquid UI Server, enterprise grade 64-bits middleware between SAP Server and clients enables simplified and customized interface across a wide variety of touch points.
•   Barcode Scanning, enabling on mobile devices using either the built-in camera or with third-party devices such as Linea Pro. It supports full native scanner configuration capability, performs auto-tabbing and auto enter, based on prefixes, postfixes, and barcode types.
•   SAP Workflow, leveraging device specific feature such as email for SAP Workflow integration.
•   Web Services, offering wide a range of uses from providing turn-by-turn directions to help users get to a certain address or translating a German language UI to English before the data is posted to SAP.
•   Themes Support, offering a new modern user interface for completely innovative user experience to improve the screen visibility, changing ways you interact with SAP.
•   Notification, enables you to send notifications to track and manage SAP processes with ease.
•   Data Encryption, providing additional security for data being transmitted wirelessly.
Learn More

18. How does Liquid UI for iOS subscriptions work?
A subscription is a great, low-cost way of using Liquid UI for iOS App for SAP ERP.
Learn More

19. What is Demo Server / demo.guixt.com?
The purpose of Demo Server is to introduce you to Liquid UI for iOS App. It goes through native SAP screens as well as optimized Liquid UI screens for the same transaction.
Learn More
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 10:54:51 PM by sarvani.kusuri@guixt.com »