You can now create groups and assign roles to those groups. This is not mandatory, but it can be helpful in simplifying user management by creating the groups and managing a single group. This allows you to assign users to various groups with different roles instead of assigning multiple roles to a single user. To create a group, please do the following.
- In the NetWeaver Administration go to the following location.
User Administration > Identity Management
- Choose 'Group' from the Get drop-down menu as shown below.
- In the 'Details' section, go to the General Information tab and enter a name for the new group in the Unique Name field as shown in the following example.
- Go to the Assigned Roles tab and in the Getfield of the Available Roles area, enter the ID of the role to be added as shown below:
- A list of available roles will display. Select the role to be added and click Add as shown below. To assign multiple roles, repeat Steps 2 - 5.
- Click Save. The following window with the message 'Group successfully created' will display as shown below: