Liquid UI offers a logging option. When logging is turned on, you can write the Liquid UI log to a file. This file can then be emailed to Synactive for debugging. Logs will be saved in the Applications directory on the device and are saved in a TXT format:
The way logging functions is as follows:
- When you turn logging on, an empty logfile will be created on the device.
- All data is written to this single logfile until the file reaches one megabyte.
- When the orginal file reaches one megabyte, it will be converted to a backup file and a new empty logfile will be created.
- Once the second file reaches one megabyte, the existing backup will be deleted, the current file will be converted to a backup and a new empty logfile will be created.
Turning Logging On and Off
Logging is turned off by default. To turn on logging for Liquid UI, please do the following.
Click on the Settings icon in the device shown below:
Select the 'Liquid UI' option and the following screen will display.
Slide the Logging control to the ON position as shown below:
- Liquid UI logging is now turned on and ready to use.
To email logfiles to Synactive for review, please do the following:
- Open the Quick Menu in Liquid UI as shown below:
- Click the About button in the top left corner.
- The About GuiXT Gala window will display as shown below. Click the Support button.
- The device's email client will launch and create a new email as shown below. The current logfiles will be attached.
- Manually change the email address if you want to send logfiles to an address other than Synactive Support.