The Standard template produces a single screen in SAP. Instead of entering bulk data from a spreadsheet or form, it instead draws a custom screen where you can enter data directly in SAPGUI. An example of the screen produced by a Standard script as shown below:
Tables are on separate screens so to view the table associated with the screen, users must click the toolbar button highlighted below:
The table will then display as shown in the following screen:
To run a Standard script, please do the following.
- Find the generated Workbench script. If you are logged into SAP, this script will be in the script directory specified in the GuiXT configuration file. If you are not logged into SAP, the script will be in the Workbench directory. The script will be named 'TCODE_standard.sjs', so if we used the VA01 transaction, the script will be named 'VA01_standard.sjs'.
- Close all open SAP windows, including the logon pad.
- Go to the script directory and rename the generated script to the actual name of the SAP screen in question. In our example, we are using the VA01 transaction, so the new name will be 'SAPMV45A.E0101.sjs'. The name can be found in the Screen Name filed in the Workbench Settings tab.
Note: If there is an existing script with the same name in the script directory, temporarily rename the existing script to something else.
- Re-launch SAP and navigate to the VA01 screen. It should now appear as in the example shown above. You can now enter data as needed.
- When you have finished entering data, click the Submit button to create a new sales order and send the data to SAP.