Liquid UI for Android offers a logging option under App Settings in Android. This option enables users to save log files and send an email to Synactive for debugging. Logs will be saved in the Applications directory on the device and are saved in a TXT format:
The way logging functions is as follows:
- When you TURN TRACE ON, an empty logfile will be created on the device.
- All data is written to this single logfile until the file reaches one megabyte.
- When the orginal file reaches one megabyte, it will be converted to a backup file and a new empty logfile will be created.
- Once the second file reaches one megabyte, the existing backup will be deleted, the current file will be converted to a backup and a new empty logfile will be created.
Note: Only two log files may exist on the device at one time - one backup and one current log.
Turning Logging On and Off
Logging is turned off by default. To turn on logging for Liquid UI, please do the following.
Click on the App Settings under Menu bar in the device as shown below:
Slide the TURN TRACE OFF to TURN TRACE ON as shown below to save the log files generated.
Liquid UI logging is now turned on and ready to use.
Note: Once logging is turned off, existing log files will not be deleted unless you uninstall the Liquid UI for Android. Turn logging back on to save the log files.
Emailing Log files
To email log files to Synactive for review, please do the following:
You need to slide TURN TRACE ON to TURN TRACE OFF which display following popup window as shown below:
- Enter your comments and Click Yes to send an email to Synactive with the log files attached for review.