The menu bar of the Debugger consists of the following three types of menus:
- Main Menu
- Debug Menu
The main menu has the following sub menu items:
- Build (upcoming feature)
- Window (upcoming feature)
- Help (upcoming feature)
File: File menu helps in opening, saving, and printing the web scripts in debugger. It has following options;
Open – To open an existing webscript
Save – To save a webscript that is open in WS Debugger
Print – To print a webscript
Recent – The list of scripts that you open in Debugger
Home: The Home menu is useful for performing file related operations. The following menu items are present in the Home menu;
- New – To create a new webscript
- Open – To load a webscript into Debugger
- Close – To close a webscript
- Save – To save a webscript
- Save As – To save a webscript with a different name
- Save All – To save all the open webscripts
- Print – To print a webscript (Not implemented)
- Print Preview – To view a webscript print layout (Not implemented)
- Exit – To close the Home menu window
Edit: The Edit menu has the following items;
- Undo – To reverse your previous action on script
- Redo – To recover your previous action on script
- Cut – To delete script lines and paste to a different location (Ctrl+X)
- Copy – To copy script lines to clipboard (Ctrl+C)
- Paste – To paste in another location in the script (Ctrl+ V)
- Select All – To select all the lines of a script (Ctrl+A)
- Find – To find a specific text in the script (Ctrl+F)
- Replace – To replace text in a script with other text
- Toggle Bookmark – To add/remove bookmark at specific location in a webscript, as shown in Figure 10.
- Next Bookmark – To move pointer to next bookmark in the list bookmarks
- Previous Bookmark – To move pointer to previous bookmark in the list bookmarks
- Add to Watch – To view the value that populates in a variable
- Insert/Remove Breakpoint – To stop/continue the execution of scripts
- List Members – To list related variables
- Go to Line – To navigate to a specific line of a script
View: View allows debugger to make the windows and tool bars in enable and disable mode. The following menu items appear in the View menu;
- Full Screen
- Solution Explorer
- Status Bar
The tool bar is a set of shortcuts of text editing options, which includes copy, open, save, and toggle breakpoints.
Debug menu also includes tool bar items and other debug related options as follows;
The above four buttons are for bookmarks.
- Toggle bookmark: inserts and removes bookmark (Ctrl + F2)
- Next bookmark: Go to the next temporary bookmark (F2)
- Previous Bookmark: Go to the previous temporary bookmark (Shift + F2)
- Clear all bookmarks: Clear all bookmarks in the window
The above icons intends for following;
- Find the specified text from the script (Ctrl + F)
- Increase indent right one tab
- Decrease indent left one tab
The above option is for displaying “session id” of the script with respect to SAP GUI. If there is no script to debug, it shows “No active WS session.
This button is used to “Refresh session”.
Waiting to attach: This button should be clicked after launching SAP GUI. It waits for the transaction to attach.
Go (F5): Starts or continues the program
Step over (F8): Step over function is used for debugging the code either sequential way or by stop on breakpoint.
Stop the program manually
Inserts or removes the single break point and multiple break points at single instance.