In this section, we will explain how to create a new connection to a Liquid UI Server. You can create profiles for both direct connections and for server connections. Profiles will be explained in the Profiles section later in this document.
To create a connection to a Liquid UI Server, please do the following.
- Place one or more custom scripts into your script directory on the GuiXT Server and then launch Mobile on your handheld device by double-clicking on the icon.
- The Logon Pad screen appears as shown below:
- Click the New button.
- A new window displays as shown below. In the Description field, enter a description of the SAP system. In the Application Server field, enter the name of the SAP application server.
Enter the following data:
Enter a description of the GuiXT Server. This can be anything.
- Application Server
Enter the name or the IP address of the GuiXT Server.
- SAProuter String
Leave this blank - an SAPRouter connect string would go here if you are using an SAPRouter.
- System Number
Enter the system number of the SAP application server.
- Verify that your information is correct and click OK.
- A new entry will be added as shown in the following example.
- Click on the new connection to highlight it and then click the Logon button. You can also double-click the new connection to launch it.
- The logon screen will display as shown below.
- Enter your logon credentials and then click Enter
- The SAP Navigation Menu will display.
Note: Your screens may not appear the same as the defaults, since you can employ custom scripts when you connect via GuiXT Server.
- You have now successfully logged into SAP.
- To close the connection, choose the Close Connection option from the Mobile menu as shown below.
Note: This option will close all open sessions. You can close a single connection by choosing the Logoff Session option. This will close your session, but will not disconnect your device from SAP if additional sessions are open.