In addition to configuring Bluetooth on the Mobile device, there are also certain edits to the Mobile device's Registry that may be required if the user is using SAPWIN printing (also known as F method). These edits are not necessary on each device so they may or may not be necessary. We recommend first configuring the device without the registry edits. If mobile printing does not work, you may need to configure the Registry to resolve the problem.
To perform these edits, you will need a registry editor. Synactive recommends using the REmote Registry Editor that is included with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 or above. To edit the Registry on the Mobile device, please do the following:
- Connect your Mobile device to the user's system with Visual Studio 2008 installed.
- Using the Remote Registry Editor, connect to the Mobile device's Registry.
- Find the following key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\SymPrint\RW420"
- Open the 'PrintPort' key and change the value to the same COM value used in the Mobile Bluetooth configuration. Since we used COM4, we will alter the Registry value to the following: "PrintPort"="COM4: 19200"
- The following key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\SymPrint1"
- Open the subordinate key "Device Name"="Oneil Series" and change the device name to match the value of the actual device. In our example, the device name is 'RW420', so we will change the device name as follows: "Device Name"="RW420".
- Close the Remote Registry Editor.