Liquid UI Server aka GuiXT Server resides on a dedicated server machine and provides a centralized home for the Liquid UI WS engine and the requisite scripts. This means that the Liquid UI WS components do not need to be individually installed on local systems - everything resides on the server. The Liquid UI Server also serves as a SAProuter between the SAP ERP and the various clients. Liquid UI Server communicates with the SAP database and parses the data to and from the SAP database so that the client can manipulate it. There are three major components:
- Liquid UI Server aka GuiXT Server
- SAP GUI (or other supported touch points, such as Liquid UI for iOS)
- SAP Application Server
The Liquid UI Server contains the scripts that provide the customized screens and processes, which are then propagated to the various clients. The process is as follows:
- Client makes a request to SAP.
- Liquid UI Server parses the request, removes any screen modifications and forwards it to SAP.
- SAP will respond to the request, usually via Port 00.
- Web Server receives data from SAP, re-applies any screen modifications and forwards the SAP response to client through the dispatcher port.
All screen modifications are removed prior to any client request being forwarded to SAP. Once SAP responds to a client request, the screen modifications are re-applied.