Advanced search help techniques:
Note: You must have Liquid UI's search help ABAP program installed in SAP in order to utilize search help options on Liquid UI fields
You can automatically sort the search help popup based on user input. For example, if a user already typed in a plant, then only show locations which exist in that plant. You may also retrieve any additional data from the help popup, such as the description displayed.
- Get the search help name that was used on the field.
- Navigate to transaction SE11
- Type in the search help name and click Display. The valid import and export parameters are displayed.
- You can only sort by parameter if the IMP checkbox is selected.
- You can only return additional parameter information if the EXP checkbox is selected.
- If you are unsure what the parameter refers to, you may double click the Data Element column for a description.
- If you are returning additional information, create a field to display this information to the user. Ensure it has a variable name and is read only.
- Right-click -> Properties of the field with the search help. Navigate to the Search Help tab.
- To return additional information:
- In the Populate Additional Fields box type the SAP parameter in the Name column.
- Type the location to place the information in the Value column. If you're using a GuiXT variable type it like this: V[z_iw51_locationText]
- To sort by values:
- In the Restrict F4 List box type the SAP parameter in the Name column.
- Type the sorting information in the Value column. If you are using a defaulted value you may just type the value in. If you're using a GuiXT variable type it like this: V[z_iw51_plant]
- Repeat steps 6 & 7 for each parameter you want to use.
- Save in Designer and all your changes will display in SAP.